BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

We had a productive weekend. Friday Mike and Phil Nofziger (Nofziger Masonary) came out and finished up the block laying. What pro's they are! They did in four hours what we had done in days. Goes to show practice makes perfect. "Thanks SO Much guys!" Friday was the first night Kristian and I stayed in our new house. We still have no water so I ran home every 6 hours or so to use the rest room. Friday night Kristian and I got his new bed together. It's nothing fancy but I think he'll enjoy the drawers to put his toys in. (you can't see it but there is three drawers on the front) When we had it all put together he said, "I can't wait to go to sleep in my new bed." I said, "Kristian I'm sorry but tonight mommy is sleeping there and you get the red one!" Once in bed he was out in a matter of minutes. Of course, he never goes to sleep without a fan! Gets that honestly from me and Ashlin. Oh yeah and I can't keep these floors clean with all the construction traffic. Glad I don't have carpet getting all black! EWWWW Sat. Andy and Scott came to finish up the walls, "thanks to you both, again!" Sandy came too but with not much to do got to take off and go to Sam's Club!! =) So being the "I can do it myself" sort of gal....I told everyone I'd put the sealer on the block. WARNING! Any one that EVER thinks " I can do that" call me and I'll remind you how "HORRIBLE" that is. This is stinky, sticky, black gooey tar! It does not wipe off with a rag. (you need gas or something similar) You'll have it on your hands in seconds and then on your pants, shoes, shirt, hair and face (we all have face itches). Oh it is terrible and simply NO FUN! The Bible speaks of God saving us from the mirey pit. Well, "THANK YOU MOM" for saving from the tary pit! She showed up and helped me get the last two walls done. I would have not gotten done if she would not have come! God is good! We both had to throw our stuff away. Look closely at her hands/sweatshirt...it is speckled in black goo...no saving/washing that! Kristian had to use the restroom a few times while I was working, he now has it on his leg and I found it on my calf today! It just keeps showing up! =) Next, we are backfilling, then forming up the garage floor and hoping to pour it next sat.! With the wet problems we now have mildew in the crawl space. Pray that goes away soon. BTB was there Friday spraying a mixture of bleach water. Once we grade the yard and get eves up the water problem should be resolved! ok...off for now...good night! =)
















0 comments: